It is important for your home to look its best when going on the market! Your Phoenix Homes associate can walk through your house and advise on enhancements and provide referrals for professional Staging if necessary.
Meanwhile, here are some quick tips to help you start. Follow these guidelines and your home will look better than the competition. Remember staged homes sell faster and/or for more money!
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items. In general, a sparsely decorated home helps the buyer mentally ‘move in’ with their own things.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture in your home, if necessary. Many times home owners have too much furniture in a room. When it comes to selling your home, thin out overcrowded rooms to make the rooms appear larger.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn’t been used for three months… put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, magnets, pictures, etc.
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tub, shower stall and commode top; Keep only the most necessary cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels in one or two colors only.
- Take down, reduce, or rearrange pictures and objects on walls. Patch and paint all walls, if necessary.
- Review the house interior, room by room, and:
- Paint any room needing paint.
- Clean carpet and draperies that need it.
- Clean windows.
- If you need room to store extra possessions use the garage or rent a storage unit.
- Leave on certain lights during the day (your agent will show you which ones). During showings turn on ALL lights and lamps.
- Play light FM music every day in the house, for all showings.
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., to the garage or, if applicable, take them to the dump.
- Check gutters and roof for dry rot and moss. Make sure they are swept & cleaned.
- Look at all plants. Plants are like children…they grow so fast. Prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows: “You can’t sell a house if you can’t see it!”
- Remove any dead plants, weed all planting areas and put down fresh mulching material.
- Keep your lawn freshly cut, edged and fertilized during the growing season.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc.
- Check the condition of the paint on your home, especially the trim and the front door.
- Remember you only get one chance to make a good first impression, or ‘curb appeal,’ is very important.
Try to look at your house “through a buyer’s eyes,” as though you’ve never seen it before. This exercise will help you see what needs to be done. The time and money invested on these items will usually bring you the return of more money and a quicker sale.
ARE YOU READY TO START DISCUSSING THE LISTING PROCESS?
Please complete the form below and one of our associates will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to taking the time to go over all your options and help you through the listing process.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.