Purchasing a house is not like buying a couch or a new dining room set. If you make the wrong choice, it’s not as easy to correct. This is why Phoenix Homes Real Estate wants its buyers to be informed. Buying a great home that will work for your family for many years, one that you’ll love opening the door to everyday, is easy when you’re prepared.
Single family homes, condominiums and patio homes are all great investments. Below are a few steps that provide you a better understanding on the home buying process to help you make good informed decisions for a smooth and successful transaction.
To buy or not to buy, that is the question.
Making the decision to purchase a home is not often an easy one, but it should be. Being a homeowner is a great investment. I tell all my clients that when you decide to make this purchase you need to hold it for at least 5 years before you sell. When you look historically at our real estate market it is this time frame that allows you the best opportunity for an appreciative return on your investment. There are many financial advantages to owning your own home. Equity and Tax credits come to mind. You do not get those renting. Do not build someone else’s equity and retirement account.
Put together an A Team that has your back.
So you have made the decision to purchase a home. Congratulations! That is an exciting step and maybe even a bit overwhelming. Putting together a team of people that have your back is not to be under stated. It is absolutely imperative that you find people who are looking out for your best interests. Your Realtor, Lender and Title company professionals are going to be your biggest assets when moving through this process. Do your homework and don't settle. At Phoenix Homes we value you and your time and want to provide you a smooth and successful home buying experience. Dare I even say a fun experience? This should not feel like work. As a partner, your Phoenix Homes Realtor will;
- We will sit down with you and find out exactly what you are looking for.
- Set up a home search to your criteria and send you all the active listing avaialble
- We will communicate with you often and keep you updated on the market.
- We will assist you in preparing offers, negotiating and opening escrow.
- We will work hand in hand with the title company, lender and all other professionals throughout the process to meet all contract deadlines.
- We will stay on top of your transaction and manage any issues that may arise.
- We will work with you all the way through close of escrow, provide you trade recommendations if needed and ensure you receive your keys.
- We will follow up with you after close to make sure your taken care of and answer any further questions you may have.
Get pre-approved for your home loan.
Pre approval is your number one concern when moving through the home buying process. It all starts with finding out how much home you can afford. Securing a good lender is everything as they will be a major deciding factor throughout your purchase. Remember, they are one of your A Team. We would be happy to provide you a few good recommendations that we trust.
It is also important as you move through the pre approval process to make sure you return all the documents the lender is requesting in a timely manner to keep things moving forward.
Take your time and find the right home.
Your pre approved. Congratulations. It is now time to start your home search. Your Phoenix Homes REALTOR® will help you handle all the details and guide you through the home search process and will make it as easy as possible. We will set you up on a home search portal and send you all active properties that meet your criteria.
Some things to consider when you are beginning your search:
- Price ceiling, we will work a price range to capture as many homes as possible.
- Minimum square footage
- Minimum number of Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Condition – Move-In Ready vs. Fixer-upper
- How many garage parking spaces needed?
- Would you like a Pool and or Spa?
- Minimum lot size
- Neighborhood – HOA?
- What other features would you like to see in your home?
It is time to make an offer.
After searching online and many showings later, you found the place you want to call home. Now it is time to make an offer. This is where a seasoned and experienced Realtor is your best asset. We will talk you through making your offer, negotiate the paperwork, we will research sold properties in the area to make sure the home is not over priced and present your offer to the seller.
Typically an offer includes but is not limited to:
- Offer price
- Earnest money
- Financing downpayment
- Terms & Conditions
- Potential addendums
- Closing date
- Additional contingencies outside of financing and inspections
Inspections are not required however we highly recommend at a minimum a home inspection and termite inspection. These will provide you a better baseline of what you are actually buying. It is good insurance and allows you an opportunity to request repairs from the sellers. It is always nice to know that you are going into a well built home and without any major issues. We have great inspectors that we have worked with for 15+ years and would be happy to recommend them.
Closing your escrow.
Once your inspection period is complete and your appraisal has come in at a minimum of your purchase price you are ready to move toward closing. There are a few pre closing responsibilities that you will need to be made aware of;
- Stay in control of your credit and finances – Don’t make any large purchases before closing.
- Stay in constant communication with your Real Estate Professional and Lender.
- Be sure to complete and turn in all required documentation as requested and in a timely manner.
- Do a final walk-through of the property with your Real Estate Professional.
- Confirm you have received a copy of the closing statement prior to closing.
- Bring a cashier’s check and your license for your closing appointment to sign your documents.
- Congratulations! Once your home records with the county, you are a homeowner!
We use the ARMLS (Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service) system for all home searches. This is the same system we use on a daily basis. GET STARTED TODAY by completing the form below. One of our associates will get back to you and provide you with all of your available listings.
Thank you for letting Phoenix Homes help you with your purchase. We now consider you part of our family and a Customer for Life.